DNA Towing to Present Demolition Derbies in 2023 at Big R
RANSOMVILLE, NY (March 9, 2023) The Ransomville Speedway has officially released the 2023 Demolition Derby dates. The fan-favorite events will take place on Friday, May 26, and Friday, September 1, as part of the 65th Anniversary season of racing at the Big R.
DNA Towing is organizing the demolition derbys in 2023. For more information regarding DNA Towing, call (585) 205-4731. The first demolition derby will be the Austin Wilson Memorial on Friday, May 26. This derby is open to any 4 of 6 cylinder domestic/foreign car only, no vans, trucks, or SUVs allowed. The complete list of rules are posted below and can also be found on http://www.ransomvillespeedway.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=801583
- Any 4 or 6 cylinder domestic/foreign car allowed.
- No mini vans, trucks, or suvs.
- Awd vehicles must remove a driveshaft , front or rear.
- All glass, bumper covers, headlights and taillights must be removed. ‘’Windshield optional’’
- You may weld , chain, 9 wire doors shut.
- Doors may be welded shut in 3” increments.( Drivers door may be welded solid)
- Trunk lid must remain in stock position.
- Bumpers must remain stock. No welding/plating. Stock bolts may be replaced with Grade 8 for bumper only.
- K frame bolts and body mounts must remain stock.
- No stuffing, loading, plating or manipulation of frame rails , doors (except driver door), bumpers, fenders or side panels.
- V tread / any ply tires allowed for front tires .
- No solid wheels.
- No prebending, notching or creasing allowed.
- Suspension must remain stock.
- Battery may be moved inside cab. (must be secured to floor)
- A bar may be welded or bolted behind driver seat. (recommended for safety)
- All cars must have a clear number for scoring.
- If windshield is removed then at least two rods, strips of 9 wire or ratchet straps must cover driver side of windshield .
- Drivers Door must be painted a bright white or yellow color different from the rest of the vehicle.
Vehicles will be purchased by DNA Towing following the event. Any vehicle that is left at Ransomville Speedway will become DNA Towing’s property.
Rules for the September 1 demolition derby will be released in the coming weeks.
Article Credit: Steven Petty
Submitted By: Steven Petty